[Public-List] Posting or not posting to the list

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Tue Jul 22 15:47:04 PDT 2008

Bill Ydell wrote:
> For what it is worth, I keep my boat 565 miles from Annapolis and am
> delighted to be a member of the Association. I feel that it is the active
> membership that creates a good portion of the value of the boats we own.
> Without that sense of belonging and pride, we would own boats that are aging
> rapidly. As a percent of the total A30's built, I would expect that there
> are many more A30's that are well cared for and lovingly used than most
> other boats from the 60s and 70s. In my opinion the credit for that goes to
> the Association.

Bill, I think you are right.  The drop in value of the Pearson Triton as
the Triton Association faded is a good indicator of how much value a
strong class association adds to an out-of-production boat.  My feeling
is that an Association membership is the single most important thing you
can buy for your boat to maintain its value.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   So many I love were not yet born.
                'The Middle' by Ogden Nash