[Public-List] more swim ladder

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Sat Jul 12 18:37:25 PDT 2008

John Scott wrote:
> Thank you all for the many responses to my first "swim ladder" posting.
>
> I forgot to mention in that posting that I noticed on my starboard toe
> rail (the originals to rail I think) are stainless steel "female" mounts
> for what I suppose would be a swim ladder.  They look as if they were
> meant to be there and that maybe at one time Alberg 30s came with a swim
> ladder that could be attached and detached at this point.  No one
> mentioned this possibility in the recent posting and I'm wondering if
> anyone else has seen this kind of a ladder and, more importantly for me,
> where I might be able to get one if they in fact exist and are functional.

I doubt those are original, but many swimladders are attached with such
an arrangement.  The one on Calyso (shown on the website) uses such a
clip.  I'll have to get some more pictures one of these days.

A standard swimladder will typically mount on the side of the boat.  I
prefer the ladder on the transom, hence the extended legs.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   So many I love were not yet born.
                'The Middle' by Ogden Nash