[Public-List] Another Prop Question

richard.hazlegrove at wachovia.com richard.hazlegrove at wachovia.com
Thu Jun 12 10:15:37 PDT 2008

Anyone out there with a Yanmar 3GM or 3YM with a 2.0 reduction
transmission.  My friend just installed one in his Bristol 30 which has a
very similar underbody and rudder/aperture setup as our Albergs.  He is
using a  12x10 prop which may be a little tighter in his aperture than a
12" would be in an Alberg - about 1" clearance.  He reports some vibration
and cavatation above around  2,700 RPM.  The shaft has been carefully
aligned with new cutlass bearing so he believes it may be the prop.
Anybody with a similar engine/transmission care to weigh in or what prop
they are using and how it performs.

Richard Hazlegrove
Quest 433
Mobjack Bay, VA.