[Public-List] Prop Question

RogerW lrwillow at toad.net
Mon Jun 16 07:27:18 PDT 2008

Hey Richard, I've just last week finished installing a Yanmar 3YM20 (22
HP @ 3600 rpm) with 2.62 (Forward) transmission for John Scott, #26
Wooshkeetaan. We ended up with a three blade 13 X 12 prop as suggested
by Kastel's Prop Shop, and seemed in line with the PropCalc computer
program. (Barney Kastel would have liked it if we had the 1:2.2 ratio
gear. We could have used less pitch) This left about 0.75 inch (I think)
between  blade and hull at upper side of aperature. I've only idled her
around the slip area and moved her to a mooring. He ran her for about
2.5 hrs last Thursday, says all was well. Soon I will try her at various
speeds and check for cavitation and vibration. I'll let you know. RogerW