[Public-List] maintenance weekend

J Bergquist jbergqui at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 09:38:49 PDT 2008

Mike and Trish Lehman were the gracious hosts for a marvelous and
well-attended maintenance weekend last weekend. In attendance were Ray and
Sandy Meijer with Viceroy, Andy Shaw, Bob Leigh with Jared (and Kristen)'s
Morgan 34, Sue Barrett and Fayne Farrar with Tern II, Mike and Max Meinhold,
Brian Walter with Luna Blu, Mike and Trish with Gilleleje, A Cal 25 owner
named Chris (?) who wanted to see what this Alberg thing is all about, John
Maliszewski, and me. I don't think I left anybody out. But if I did I
profusely apologize...

We got started bright and early by concluding that Ray and Sandy didn't
actually need to have their mast beam repaired and instead we should repair
the chainplate bolts on Viceroy. This took about 20 minutes and put us WAY
ahead of schedule (for a change...) Then we moved onto repairing the
chainplates on Tern II. Andy and I went to work doing some grinding inside
Roulette, and quickly concluded that instead of grinding we should be
removing some fiberglass that wasn't totally cured or bonded to the hull. So
once we ripped that out, we solvent-washed the inside and had to vacate
because the acetone smell was just too strong. That was the end of work on
Roulette for the day... We had a great lunch of wraps prepared by Sandy
Meijer and a couple of beers and then got back after it in the afternoon.
Ray had a number of small projects to undertake on his boat including
replacement of the spacer on the gooseneck track. Sandy, Max, and Trish made
quick work of scraping the brightwork on Gilleleje, and Bob Leigh spent
about an hour in the Bosun's chair inspecting rigs and retaping spreader
boots. Chris and John M were a well-oiled machine replacing the chainplate
bolts on Tern II and once that project was done it was declared (by Mike) to
be 'Mojito Time' and so we all headed up to enjoy some refreshing rum drinks
along with some smashing hors d'oeuvres, hot dogs, and hamburgers on the
porch overlooking beautiful Mill Creek. We had a great time swapping stories
and talking about everything from boats to politics and most things in
between too.

Thanks to Mike and Trish for hosting a wonderful weekend.

For those of you heading out on the summer cruise, I wish I could be there,
and I hope you have excellent weather and nothing but good times.

Ciao!

--
J Bergquist
No News is Good News