[Public-List] mast beams and bulkheads and floor timbers, oh my

Michael Connolly crufone at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 1 18:53:44 PST 2008

Andrew,

  I wonder if all the mechinical fastners have been removed...........if an application of heat, via a heat gun and not an open flame, would help to loosen the bulkhead from the mast beam?

  Michael

Andrew M Shaw <andymshaw at juno.com> wrote:
  Thanks Phillip, I'm hoping to pivot it as you indicated. The head is out
( I actually have an Airhead Composter, which comes out pretty easy) The
old seacock is there but hopefully won't be in the way. I removed the
jamb and was wondering about the stiffeners, so I'll remove them. The
bulk head is still really stuck in the beam but I've got some ideas
involving a jack or a porta-power so hopefully that will work out. Should
be able to get back to it as soon as I get done with this pesky wooden
boat (the one that pays my bills).
Thanks for the input.

Andy

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 21:13:42 -0800 Philip Bartlett