[Public-List] track car slides

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Wed Mar 5 12:25:57 PST 2008

Delrin is a DuPont trade name for an acetal plastic
(http://plastics.dupont.com/myplastics/Mediator?id=30).  King plastics
is coy about what sort of polymer is used for StarBoard
(http://www.kingstarboard.com/products/StarBoard.aspx), but I believe
it's probably a high density polyethylene.  Walmart doesn't seem to have
plastic cutting boards on their web site, so I can't tell what they're
made of.  I would guess high density polyethylene, as polypropylene
won't hold up as well.

You can find StarBoard and generic HDPE in a variety of sizes and shapes
on eBay.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   So many I love were not yet born.