[Public-List] track car slides

Michael Connolly crufone at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 5 08:21:44 PST 2008

Bill,

  I believe that Derilin (R) is polyethylene and the Star board (R) and the Walmart cutting boards are polypropylene. At any rate the Walmart cuttings boards are $10.00 plus or minus and would provide an inexpensive and just as durable solution for your fix.  You might check Bacon's or other marine surplus stores for cut offs of Star Board pieces at less than half the original cost for new.

  If you want the original look use teak wood if you would like to never have to address this issue again in your lifetime use the polyboard approach.

  Michael

Bill Woodford <williamwoodford at charleswoodford.com> wrote:
  Fellow Albergers,

On US11, I have genoa tracks mounted on the rail and I have what I presume to
be jib tracks mounted on the deck. I purchased some new blocks and track car
slides for the jib track and find that the track car slide won’t slide onto
the jib track because it is mounted directly against the deck with no space
for the jib car to slide onto the track.

What is the preferred method for raising the track so that the car will slide
easily? Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

Woody
US 11