[Public-List] Jib Track Wanderings

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Thu Mar 6 11:13:15 PST 2008

Hi Roger -

That is basically what we do, with one difference.

We have a turning block permanently shackled to the life line stanchion base
adjacent to the main sheet winch port and starboard. That ensures that the
lead to the winch is perfect no matter what sail we use or how I want to
tweak it. The turning block is a big mother swiveling snatch block to keep
friction down.  I have a short bungy cord running from the becket on it back
up to the stanchion so that it can't tap the deck.

On the track, and moving fore and aft is the sheet block per se.

Same system as what you are describing I think.

Gord
#426 Surprise