[Public-List] Jib Tracks

J Bergquist jbergqui at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 12:15:48 PST 2008

I think Andrew makes 2 very good points here. First, since we're talking
about the inboard tracks, I have never seen these used, and I don't own a
sail that can be sheeted from those tracks. I have known several people to
remove them entirely...mostly because they're uncomfortable to sit or lie on
and they are inevitably a great opportunity for toe-stubbing. So, before you
go investing too much in perfecting your inboard jib track setup, I'd
recommend making sure you will actually be using them. Because my experience
has been that their use is rare, at best.

Second, andrew makes another good point that if you just buy a modern track
extrusion, you don't need a spacer at all. Brilliant! Why didn't we think of
that sooner?

Doggonit Andrew what WOULD we do without you?

Back from Tejas now. Going sailing.

Later,

J Bergquist