[Public-List] Jib Tracks

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Thu Mar 6 15:53:49 PST 2008

J Bergquist wrote:
> Please don't put words in my mouth.

Yo, J.  I'm not putting words in your mouth.  I was just making some
observations.

> Maybe I will remedy my sail inventory...when I can afford it. Would have
> been nice if my boat came with a working jib. Fact is that it didn't. And I
> know several others (including Andrew's apparently) that also didn't. I was
> just pointing out that it doesn't make sense to go fixing a track that you
> don't even have a sail to use with.

I'm not telling you what to do, either.  I was just talking about the
options.

BTW, not buying a working sail has more to do with priorities than
affordability.  I'm sure you can pick up a decent used one for about the
cost of a dinner out.

But everyone makes their own choices and trade-offs.  I was just
pointing out that removing the inner track because you don't have a
working jib is not the only choice.  You could, for example, keep it
until you got a working jib.  Or you could, for another example, remove
it because you keep tripping over it.

But don't take everything I say on this list as directed to you,
personally.  That would rarely be the case.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   So many I love were not yet born.
                'The Middle' by Ogden Nash