[Public-List] Jib Tracks

J Bergquist jbergqui at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 15:37:56 PST 2008

Yo George-

This is not about estimation of racers or cruisers. I consider myself both a
racer and a cruiser. And I'm not estimating anybody. Please don't put words
in my mouth. And don't assume that just because I happen to enjoy racing my
boat I under-estimate anybody else, especially not someone with a lot of
cruising experience.

Maybe I will remedy my sail inventory...when I can afford it. Would have
been nice if my boat came with a working jib. Fact is that it didn't. And I
know several others (including Andrew's apparently) that also didn't. I was
just pointing out that it doesn't make sense to go fixing a track that you
don't even have a sail to use with.

Given Carl Alberg's design portfolio, I think it's reasonable to say that
the boats were designed for offshore use. I didn't say anything about
offshore implying ocean sailing. I am well aware that sailing on the great
lakes qualifies as 'offshore'. I certainly did not mean to imply otherwise.

I'm going sailing tomorrow and saturday. They're calling for some mighty big
puffs. Maybe I'll get my chance to beat into that 40 kt gale. At least it
keeps me off the streets.

Kind regards,

JB