[Public-List] Jib Tracks

J Bergquist jbergqui at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 17:16:16 PST 2008

> J Bergquist wrote:
> > Please don't put words in my mouth.
>
> Yo, J.  I'm not putting words in your mouth.  I was just making some
> observations.

George-

In saying that bit about Pat Drenning attending a racing lecture where the
speaker said 'don't underestimate cruisers...they're the ones who have to
get home in weather you don't go out in' I think there was an implication
that (a) as a racer I underestimate cruisers and (b) I don't go out in
weather that cruisers do go out in. I won't make any comment on (b) which is
probably true. But as for (a) that's totally wrong, and I'm annoyed that you
would even imply it.

If you don't want folks to take thing personally, then don't take their
comments out of context, snip them out of their message, and quote them in
your response as if you know what they are thinking. And don't make
assumptions about what they know or don't know.