[Public-List] mooring pendants

The Rochets rochet at shaw.ca
Mon Mar 10 10:51:54 PDT 2008

Hi Gord,

I like your idea of additional lines on a mooring. I have been using
a single line connected to the mooring rope with a swivel shackle
(the float is also connected to that same shackle with 3 ft of small
chain). I find that the swivel is the weakest point in the mooring.
If I add one or two more pendants to the same swivel shackle, they
will rotate together and will not get entangled, but if the swivel
breaks, all my lines will go at the same time and the boat with them.

How do you connect your three lines to your mooring so that you have
real back-ups without your lines getting entangled?

Thank you.

Bernard
#608 Sunswept