[Public-List] mooring pendants

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Mon Mar 10 11:00:05 PDT 2008

I would not use a swivel on the pendant - can't see any reason for it and
agree that it would be the weak link.

Each pendant should be shackled with its own dedicated hot dipped galv steel
shackle with a moused pin.  I never had a problem with the lines tangling
much...

The shackles were made fast to a heavy steel ring on the mooring that was in
turn shackled to the chain coming up under the buoy.  The buoy did nothing
but support main chain - no loads were on it.

Gord #426 Surprise