[Public-List] Moor or Dock in the DC area

Patricia O. Meinhold pmeinhold at comcast.net
Tue Mar 18 05:24:23 PDT 2008

John --
We have a slip at Podickory Point Yacht and Beach Club off of Rte. 50
near the Bay Bridge.  It's great in that once out of our slip we are on
the Bay in 50-100 yards.
The drawbacks are: Rte. 50 traffic deters us from going out Friday
evenings or midday Saturdays, and the channel sometimes silts in enough
that we're bumping sand (if only bumping!) if we don't depart/arrive
near high tide.
We've looking into Herrington Harbor South, and my brother kept his
Hunter there.  It's about 30 miles south of Annapolis (I think in Deale
MD) but we've become attached to the events/raft ups/destinations closer
to the Bay Bridge.
We've looking to Fairwinds in Annapolis (Cape St. Claire area) but I
don't believe it has a pool which is a big draw for our kids.
Smiths is another option, on the Severn River, and a couple of members
have Albergs there.
Good luck to you.  Let us know where you think you'll settle both house
and boat-wise.
Pat Meinhold
Rinn Duin