[Public-List] Moor or Dock in the DC area

C.B. Currier cbcurrier at spinrx.com
Tue Mar 18 05:38:30 PDT 2008

John,

I live in Hillsmere shores in Annapolis off of the South river.
I have Kept my 2 A30s on Kitty Duvall creek for 10 years now.
I have done the Dock and the mooring and have now gone back to the
moorning. I like the safety that a mooring provides my boat. Far too often
you find issues (even with Chafing gear) with the location of the dock and
generally irresponsible motor boaters.

I would suggest that if you are house hunting you look for a community
that has water privileges. Most anywhere you can put down a mooring so
that is usually not a problem. However you want to be sure you find a
little bit deeper water say 7 - 10 ft. so that when a northerly comes
through you may have some water to float in. If you are at a dock you will
have to regularly mind the status of you boat and with a northerly would
need to lengthen your lines.

Finally look on a chart of annapolis. THe severn river is a focal point
for annapoils but there a large number of A30 assn members who now live up
off of the Magothy. But for me ... I have enjoyed the South River... so
lots of choices even farther up or down the bay.
Good Luck
--
C.B. Currier
Infinity #57