[Public-List] Going backwards/ Heater

Cristóbal Pomés cpomes at gmail.com
Wed May 28 06:53:24 PDT 2008

     Hi everyone. I finally purchased an Alberg 30 hull number #65, it was
first called "yellow breeze" and then "buena onda". I have already sailed it
in Chiloe south america, where the seas are very rough and i have tested all
the good seaworthy qualities. However I have found that the boat going in
reverse tends to go only one way (i think its starboard) making it tricky to
manouver in tight quarters. Has anyone else expierenced this?

      Apart from this I have another problem. If I want my wife to go
sailing with me I need to warm the cabin, if not she is not going anywhere
which is understandable because it is very cold down in Chiloe. What kind of
heaters work well on this boat?

 Well thanks a lot for your help, cheers,

                                    Chris.