[Public-List] Smooth Bronze Winches

Lawrence Morris morris.lc at verizon.net
Tue May 27 20:03:58 PDT 2008

Jonathan is on the right track.  the term to use is knurled.  This
basically texturizing the drum surface without the jagged edges of a
grinding wheel or wire brush.  i have done this a couple of times.
you need to request that it be a very light pass with the knurling
wheel.  In the case a little goes a long way.

If you go to a machine chop and asked them to knurl the drum surface,
they will know what you are requesting.  If they don't find another
machine shop.

Larry