[Public-List] Holding Tank Installation

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Tue May 6 17:10:41 PDT 2008

milleype at kingston.net wrote:
> George,
> I note from the plumbing installation for the Raritan Hoding tank that you
> routed the pumpout line to the deck fitting up through the closet where
> the vented loop had been. Is it OK to go without the vented loop. Can you
> leave the vented loop in place and tee into the loop with a y-valve?

I suppose.  The vented loop was gone before I bought the boat.

It seems to me that the vented loop is just to prevent back-siphoning
from the outlet through-hull.  Since the seacock on that through-hull is
only open when pumping the tank over board, it hardly seems necessary.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   So many I love were not yet born.
                'The Middle' by Ogden Nash