[Public-List] A4 woes

C.B. Currier cbcurrier at spinrx.com
Wed May 7 03:51:12 PDT 2008

Gord,

Steps to checking to see if it is the ignition before replacing things:
1. Pull Sparkplugs
2. take #1. Sparkplug hook up to distributor lead
3. Place on engine head.
4. Have friend / wife turn over motor. You are down below with insulated
pliers holding sparkplug to see the spark.

If you see not spark, then likely problem is points / cap.
if you see the spark, if it is a lite little thing then it still could be
points / wires. But if you have a spark at all you are more than likely
looking at either fuel or air as then next issue.

Finally, before going to the task of doing points, which is not hard,
several screws & your r done, check all of the plugs while you have them
out & be sure they are clean & not gunked up.

These few steps should suffice to confirm you have points issues. Let us
know how it goes.

--
C.B. Currier
Infinity #57