[Public-List] Standard Prop Size and Pitch

Dave Terrell dterrell at message.nmc.edu
Wed May 21 06:17:34 PDT 2008

Larry,

I think one's sailing style is relevant to prop choice. I have a three blade prop and crusing is my sailing style. This prop stops me on a dime and is much more reliable in backing than my previous two blade prop was. It is a good fit for me. If I were racing were my thing, I would  likely have a two blade prop.  Mike is  correct, if there is "an" A 30 prop, it is what Whitby specified. One should remember that the intent of the first puchrasers was one design racing. That said, more than one prop can work well on this boat depending on owner's intent and sailing style.

david, 432

>>> Lawrence Morris <morris.lc at verizon.net> 05/20/08 11:39 AM >>>
Thank You.

Larry