[Public-List] Elizabeth City 11/4

Jim Davis a30240 at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 4 19:04:00 PST 2008

We arrived here yesterday and are at Pelican Marina.  The city has a free pier for cruisers, but with the bowsprit and davits it doesn't work for us.  There is also some bulkhead but it is totally exposed.  FYI, Pelican is flat rate $35 including electricity, free laundry, cable.  We have been exploring the city and will remain until Thursday.  The forecast is bad for Albemarle Sound - heavy NE winds, a lot of fetch and the Sound isn't that deep.  We have heard that because of the weather there are quite a few boats still waiting in the Dismal Swamp and at Great Bridge.  Thursday, od Friday this place is going to get crowded.

There is a Verizon store near the dock, so I have a new phone and they were able to salvage my phone book.  We are in good company, with many friends from previous trips.

S/V Isa Lei
CT 35

If man does find the solution for world peace it will be the most revolutionary reversal of his record we have ever known.

George C. Marshall