[Public-List] Fw: More on lifting Alberg 30's

Rod Symmes harmony at aztec-net.com
Wed Nov 12 12:17:43 PST 2008

From: Rod Symmes
To: Alberg 30 Public List -- open to all
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 3:14 PM
Subject: Re: [Public-List] More on lifting Alberg 30's

I expected to hear from Gord on this subject......  He must be paying attention to his work today (-:
I noticed that SURPRISE has two stickers applied at the shear on each side that say " lift here".   May not be very nautical but beats the heck out of damaging your boat.
Where did you get them, Gord ?
I have a friend with a Hughes 38  who I made this suggestion to after [unfortunately] the crane operator tried to lift his 20,000 lb boat out with the aft strap , as Murphy would have it, positioned perfectly on the foot of his saildrive unit.  The ugly noise and the shudder, caused the operator to let it back into the water but he had to reposition VERY quickly as the water was entering quickly indeed .

Cheers,    Rod