[Public-List] Public-List Digest, Vol 1394, Issue 1

Jeffrey alberg30nh at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 04:47:10 PST 2008

On Sat, Nov 1, 2008 at 5:46 PM, <Wcwinslow at aol.com> wrote:

> The standard way to keep  bolts and screws from leaking into a core is  to
> drill a large hole then the bolt or  screw, fill it with epoxy and then
>  drill
> the hole in the epoxy.
>
> Bill Winslow

Thanks Bill. That's my intention.  This spring before the paint went on, I
removed every bit of hardware, overdrilled, epoxy filled and re-drilled. The
mast step is the last opening I have that's a threat to the core.

I'd like to know what I'm getting into before I start though.  No older boat
owners reading the list remove the mast step??

-Jeff
1965 Alberg 30 #116
http://picasaweb.google.com/fongemie