[Public-List] new sheave for Main Halyard

Elyse Pastor elyse.pastor at sympatico.ca
Mon Oct 13 08:43:40 PDT 2008

Hello Albergers,
We have just unstepped our mast yesterday. The previous owner had installed
a new mast head with new sheaves for the Main and the Jib. Since I would
like to have a second haljard for the Jib (or a Spinaker), I looked at the
original sheave (6.4" diameter and about 17/32 in width) to see if I can
re-use the original Main haljard. Unfortunately the sheave is pretty
worn-out. I read that there has been a group purchase on new sheaves for the
main (a while back).
Can anybody give me some information on where to get one and what kind of
material they are?
Tanks in advance.
Bruno & Elyse
Lady Heron #297