[Public-List] new sheave for Main Halyard

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Mon Oct 13 09:33:27 PDT 2008

Hi there folks,

It is tough to arrange a halyard that will do both a jib AND a spinnaker.  A
jib halyard has to be under the forestay; a spinnaker halyard has to be over
it.

Delrin, a nylon reinforced plastic is a good material for sheaves. I think
you are in Montreal?  Seaway Spars in Toronto can supply you... Or I could.
Just let your supplier know the diameter of sheave you need, and the width
of the sheave box it will fit into.

Gord #426 Surprise