[Public-List] Needing a New Main Halyard

Dave Terrell dterrell at message.nmc.edu
Sat Oct 11 06:10:45 PDT 2008

Jeffrey

If you want less stretch in the halyard, you might consider Sta-Set X. The length is affected by where the halyards ends  - the mast or the cockpit - and how long a tail you want. 90' is a number I remember from other occassions when this issue was treated.

David, 432

>>> Jeffrey <alberg30nh at gmail.com> 10/11/08 7:54 AM >>>
Hi everyone,

I'm replacing my main halyard from the wire/line to an all line
halyard. I've got the new sheave from the group-buy a while back.

Just to be sure, I'm getting 85 feet of 3/8? Sound right??  I was just
going to get New England Ropes Sta-Set, having someone like
mauriprosailing.com make it up with a shackle spliced on the end.

Anyone have a different opinion on line types?

PS. Sorry if anyone is getting this twice. The first time I sent this,
it looks like it never went out.

--
Jeffrey Fongemie
My Project Photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/fongemie