[Public-List] Purchase/Survey Advice

Roger L. Kingsland r.kingsland at ksba.com
Mon Oct 20 05:18:53 PDT 2008

J,

So many questions, so little time; or, should it be, so many answers, so
many more questions.  As the old saying goes, "if you want 25 opinions, ask
10 architects".  Fortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case w/ navel
architects, including Mike Kaufman, who, now that you mention it, does have
the patience of Job and so does "the list", for which I am eternally
grateful.

All the best,

Roger 148

PS - Do you think if I replace the forward (lower) part of the cabin with a
flush deck, good old #148  will look like one of those pilot house fifty
footers, at least from a distance?  Will I have to lower the boom and
lifelines to?
PPS - How big a propeller and engine will I need to get the wave between the
bow and stern big enough that kids could surf, or at least kayak with
minimal paddling?
PPPS - If I mount the tiller upside down will I be able to drive while
sitting on the lazarette hatch (without hurting myself in embarrassing
ways)?
PPPPS - What percentage of all A30 questions are appropriately answered
with, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it?

Roger Kingsland, Managing Partner
Kingsland Scott Bauer Associates

KSBA

Architects/Planners/InteriorDesigners/ProjectManagers

3441 Butler Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15201
N 40° 27.8344'  W79° 57.9831'

412-252-1500 ext.101