[Public-List] bowrollers, again

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Sun Sep 21 14:20:38 PDT 2008

Gord (and anyone else who wants to chime in),

I was returning to the idea of installing a bowroller, today.  I was
looking at the bowroller I have, and thinking of your installation (on
http://alberg30.org/maintenance/DeckGear/BowrollerOnSurprise/).

You say you've got (5) 1/4" studs holding yours.  It's a little hard to
see in the photos; are those studs all vertical?  What's the piece below
your Ronstan fitting?

Do you think that (2) 3/8" bolts would hold OK?  I'm thinking one tapped
into the casting near the edge of the stem fitting (on the area 1/2"
below the rim), and one near the aft end of the stem fitting (on the
part of the casting sitting on the deck) drilled through the deck with a
backing plate below.  See
http://alberg30.org/maintenance/DeckGear/BowrollerSketch-1.pdf for my
crude sketch.

I'm inquiring about pieces of 6061 aluminum rod for spacers.  It seems
you can get such things relatively cheaply from dealers on eBay.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   So many I love were not yet born.
                'The Middle' by Ogden Nash