[Public-List] Imron vs. Awlgrip

C.B. Currier cbcurrier at spinrx.com
Wed Sep 17 08:02:05 PDT 2008

Well I had this list of what I have heard about Awlgrip then did a
little research ...
turns out both are Polyurethane however after some reading on google I
believe that though an older technology - Imron has included solids
which make it harder post cure than Awlgrip. However I have heard that
though just a paint - Awlgrip has anit-Osmosis characteristics that
Imron does not. With that said - Awlgrip is not to be used below the
waterline.

I guess it depends who you use to paint the boat ... they may have a
preference for you ... by the way these days it is harder to find
"Imron" by dupont. However you can find in most auto parts stores - some
type of polyurethane to paint with.

Finally Awlcraft 2000 is the product mentioned earlier & is a
alternative to Awlgrip when in more dusty or temperature varying
conditions. It cures faster but essentially is Awlgrip.

C.B. Currier
Infinity #57
Daybreak #458