[Public-List] Imron vs. Awlgrip

dickdurk at atlanticbb.net dickdurk at atlanticbb.net
Wed Sep 17 15:32:21 PDT 2008

<snip>
>Awlgrip then did a little research ...
> turns out both are Polyurethane however
<snip>

Linear Urethane is the chemical family name, I believe.

There is also Polythane (or Interthane; one replaced the
other-a Baltimore Paint Co. product anyway) and a product
from Stirling. I have used both (all 3, actually), but
that's because they are both brushable. Anyway, there are
probably a bunch more choices just to muddy up the
situation...

I agree with C.B. What yard you get the job done at will
decide which product is used.

BTW, personally I would not use the two part urethane for
the deck. Unepoxy or Brightside works well for that. I use
an additive to knock down the gloss, and gloss is the big
feature of Awlgrip et al.

MichaelGrosh