[Public-List] New Alberg Owner

Al Adelman AAdelman at hospitallaw.com
Mon Sep 22 15:16:52 PDT 2008

I want to introduce myself to the list.  I am the new owner of an Alberg
30 (sail no 308) and have it berthed at the Annapolis Yacht Club.  The
name of the boat is now "Asylum," and for a couple of beers or a
margarita I will tell you the story behind the name.

We have been following the list and are looking forward to joining all
of you on the water.  My son, Tim, will be sailing with me, as well as a
couple of other regulars who crewed with us summer before last when we
chartered a J105 for the season, only to be thoroughly humiliated every
Wednesday night.  We are looking for kindler, gentler, and saner racing
in a fleet where the boats don't have new kevlar sails every week.  (The
old sails were the only reason we constantly came in last.  That's my
story and I am sticking to it.)

We were hoping to get the purchase of the boat completed in time for the
Oxford race, but due to engine problems we didn't get the boat until too
late. In any event, I know we will be calling on all of you for advice
as we learn about our new Albert 30 and I really enjoy the camaraderie
that we see on the list.

S. Allan Adelman
Adelman, Sheff & Smith, LLC
180 Admiral Cochrane Drive