[Public-List] Copper Bottom Paint Removal

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Fri Apr 10 17:11:40 PDT 2009

Ted,

I've just been doing this very thing today, and have a couple things to
add to what Mike says.

  1. You don't generally need to take ALL of the ablative paint off.  If
it's building up over time, maybe you're painting the bottom too often.
  I just smooth it down, and put a new coat on top.

  2. Have the beers while you're doing the job.  They're not enough
afterwards--at least, not at my age.  Have a couple scotches, instead.
Scotch is really good for sore muscles and joints.

  - George [as I hobble over to the cabinet for another scotch]

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org