[Public-List] Copper Bottom Paint Removal

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Sat Apr 11 04:40:24 PDT 2009

Good morning friends -

Rachel - that is the way I did SURPRISE, and the way I used to do TOUCH
WOOD.   It does go fast, and I figured  that by using the scraper I was
generating less toxic dust and more chunks and flakes.  I still wore a mask
but hoped that with less dust, I might not be poisoning myself so
thoroughly.  You are right about the corners of the scraper.

I should add that the scraper is so effective that without knowing it we
took off most of the epoxy coal tar barrier coat our boat had, which we
didn't know she had.  Oh well.

Gord #426 Surprise