[Public-List] Sister Alu plates for Beam support

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 13 06:27:35 PDT 2009

If the beam is done properly, you should never have to remove the alu plate again or do this kind of repair again. We have boats on the Chesapeake that have had this repair 20+ years ago and have no signs of deterioration or any further beam problems. For fastening the alu plates to the beam, I would use ALL methds described. Etch the alu with special ethcing solution made for alu (available from West Systems and others) and epoxy the plate to the beam, follow with bolts through the plate-beam-plate

Mike Lehman