[Public-List] Question for Other Greymarine Owners with Stock Two Blade Prop

crufone at comcast.net crufone at comcast.net
Thu Apr 16 07:47:26 PDT 2009

Andy,

If I can remember back to when I last motored my boat around???!!!!  1500 to 1600 was adequate to push the boat close to hull speed.  1800 would be excessive. I generally set her at 1400 to get about when the wind has died.  The Sea Scout kinda maxes out @ 2400.  When I was looking at boats to purchase, I paid attention to how the owner treated his auxiliary.  Some folks didn't get the point that more power was not more speed.  The previous owner of my boat was oh so very kind to the olde Gray down below.  My prop is a 13 by 9 two blade and is well matched to the Gray as best I can tell.

To be honest I can't make the boat do hardly anything I want under power, which is all operator error on my part.  I am a menace on the sea while under power.  Good thing cuz, I am really a sailor.  It is really odd but I feel more out of control while under power than sail.

Michael #133