[Public-List] Our boats susceptible to rot under the mast step??

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 22 06:25:38 PDT 2009

Jeff,

Under the cabin top there is a wooden laminated beam. The glue that Whiby used gives up, and the beam delaminates. This is a common on your vintage boat. The repair (if you have a beam problem) is easy to repair (10 hours easy) and is permanent. Your deck is cored with pegboard, and I would not expect a core problem. Others on the list are better equipped to answer the question about core problems around the mast area that I am, so stay tuned for other responses to this.

Mike Lehman