[Public-List] Blue Hill 8/4

Jim Davis a30240 at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 4 18:03:18 PDT 2009

We arrived in Blue Hill this afternoon.  Since my last we have been to Rockland, Camden ans Castine.  The trip from Boothbay was uneventful and because of the time of day, we bypassed Tennant's Harbor and proceded directly to Rockland.  They were having the Annual Lobster Fest - more like a carnival with bands that could be heard all over the anchorage.  Here I had to replace my "house battery bank"  Lots of fun when you are on  mooring and everything must be done by dinghy.  440 AH worth batteries are heavy.

Also at Rockland I had to use my handheld GPS to take the dog ashore and back to the boat - first time this trip, 100 yard viablity.  From Rockland it was to Camden.  No fog on departure, no visability on arrival.  From Camden to Castine clear sky, but not much wind.  To Sandy and I Castine is one of the best towns we visit.  Small, friendly and not commercialized.  Today we waited for the fog to lift and headed for Blue Hill.  As soon as we cleared the harbor dense fog for thenext two hours.  Then it cleared for about 8 miles and back to 100 yards.  All in all we had three banks fo 100 yard fog.  Thank GOD for RADAR and GPS, I could have done it th eold fashioned way, but this is better.

S/V Isa Lei
CT 35

If man does find the solution for world peace it will be the most revolutionary reversal of his record we have ever known.

George C. Marshall