[Public-List] heads

gordon white gewhite at crosslink.net
Tue Aug 4 17:44:55 PDT 2009

    One of the problems is there are too few pump-out stations. The
nearest one to me is nearly an hour away from my pier. I have a 5 gallon
jerry can I use as a holding tank. I just carry it up to the house and
dump it in a toilet, or, while sailing, in the head at whatever marina I
am in. So far no one has complained. I don't know about Canada.
Personally, I would not dump sewage in a river or creek, probably not in
a large lake, but  in wider waters, where there are no handy pumpouts, I
might be less fastidious. Around here there are creeks where shellfish
cannot be taken because of  coliform from wildlife, who have no permits!

Gordon White
Brigadoon II