[Public-List] Scituate 8/18

Jim Davis a30240 at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 18 18:34:11 PDT 2009

Another windless day.  Arrived this afternoon after motoring in light fog.  Tomorrow Onset then Buzzards Bay.  Yesterday coming from the Isle of Shoals to Gloucster we had a close encounter with a finback whale.  He was cruising slowly on the surface and crossed the bow (port to starboard) at about 10 feet.  Any closer and it would have had a red stripe down its side from my bottom paint.  Sandy spotted first and we came to a dull stop to let it pass.

We are watching Hurricane Bill closely and are looking at Narraganset Bay as a hiding place.

S/V Isa Lei
CT 35

If man does find the solution for world peace it will be the most revolutionary reversal of his record we have ever known.

George C. Marshall