[Public-List] Head

Matthew Hay mattrhay at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 03:25:56 PDT 2009

I installed a Jobsco in the original head position.  And a holding tank
under the port V-berth.  It fit very easily and works well.  I like the idea
of putting a regular size seat on it that would be posh!  About said
legislation and a Y valve?  I have a locking Y valve that allows me as
captain to put a combo lock on the valve while in regulated waters.  But
when offshore I open the Y valve and this enables me to sail without storing
waste or using the holding tank.  No harm is done pumping over board out of
the sight of land ten miles offshore.  If you are not legally allowed to
install a Y valve then how are you going to do any extended cruising?  I
think some of the stuff in our grey water/bilge is probably worse then our
head.  Anyone could throw anything overboard whenever they want, it's a
matter of ethics. Speaking of legislation, has anyone heard about the
proposed saltwater fishing licence?  WOW!