[Public-List] Looking at an Alberg 30, wondering what the consensus is...

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Mon Aug 10 09:22:35 PDT 2009

Stephen Wylie wrote:
> Of particular concern is the cracking around the base of the mast,
> the funny repair job under the stbd galley berth and the leak behind
> where the radio is mounted. I am not expecting to have to spend no
> money for maintenance/repairs, but I want to know ahead of time if I
> am getting in over my head.

Looking at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36677346@N06/3806340709/sizes/l/in/photostream/
you'll want to fill those cracks at the very least.  As John Birch
points out, it might need re-coring in that area.  I also recommend
filling the cracks in
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36677346@N06/3806346347/ though this is a
much less critical area.  You really do want to keep the balsa core dry.
  See http://alberg30.org/maintenance/HullDeck/ for more info.

I don't see the "funny repair job" you mention.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org