[Public-List] Standpipe exhaust

James Allocco jamesallocco at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 18:37:55 PST 2009

hello everyone,

I have not taken part in the mailing list for several years and it feels
very good to be back. I have a '74 alberg30, # 565 Barchetta Mia.  The
original standpipe corroded  20 years ago and was replaced with a stainless
steel standpipe.  Last year it developed an external leak at the bottom of
the pipe and was ground out and rewelded. I am concerned that the internal
pipe may be deteriorated as well so I  think It to have a new exhaust
fabricated.

I am uncertain of the internal workings and dimensions. Does anyone have
dimensions for the internal pipe diameter and length and cap design ?  Last
year the welder who repaired the exhaust said he was familiar with the
design and could fabricate a new one for $800 . That seams pricey. In any
event he is no longer in the area and my alternative would be to cut it open
to measure it.

Thanks,
Jim allocco