[Public-List] Location of drain plug on Yanmar 2gm20f

Bill Wallace wayfarer3134 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 16 11:07:23 PST 2009

Does anyone know where the drain plug is on the Yanmar 2gm20f - I have the manual, and it shows a small photo, but that isn't clear where on the engine it is.  Looking towards the stern, the pump is on the lower left hand side (I need to change the backing plate to a speed seal as well) - I looked around there, but I didn't see anything quite like the picture.    In the spring, I wanted to replace the coolant with propylene glycol - I would have done it when I closed the boat up for the winter, but I couldn't find the plug.  I didn't have a good mirror with me, which I will do the next time at at the boat, but finding things on the engine isn't so easy.

Thanks,
Bill