[Public-List] More on Rudder Removal Problems

Stephen s alberg114 at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 4 13:34:42 PST 2009

Mick,

I am anticipating that you have the same stock as #114 with a pin that held the head in place, thus the hole for the pin. At some point a previous owner may have cut the slot and added the key to hold the tiller head. The key may be causing the issues with removal of the rudder stock, there isn't much room in the rudder tube. When I removed my rudder to install new fittings it slid out of the hull without any issues.

Good Luck,

Stephen