[Public-List] Public-List Digest, Vol 1676, Issue 1

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Mon Dec 7 12:53:33 PST 2009

Hi there -

I have used a pin bent to an angle and clipped into vice grips... but
remember that if the seam looks clean it probably is.   Anything you
do to clean it runs the risk of making it wider and more visible... so
it behooves you to be careful.   Another product (I don't sell it so
my motive is pure) is stuff called "Captain Tolley's Creeping Crack
Cure"   It is thin as milk, so it really gets into crevices but sets
up like glue.   Maybe you should give that a try.  Come to think of
it, that stuff run in first with SikaFlex paying on top by the method
I described should pretty much be a cure.   The Creeping Crack Cure
will really get down in the seam... the SikaFlex being flexible will
cope with the movement of the wood.

Gord  #426 Surprise