[Public-List] Public-List Digest, Vol 1676, Issue 1

Rod Symmes weatherhelm at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 7 18:24:38 PST 2009

Gord wrote:
   Anything you
> do to clean it runs the risk of making it wider and more visible...
Another option would be to accept that the repair is going to make the seams more visible and accentuate it so that it becomes a feature.  I would be tempted to route out the seam with a saw kerf  or using an eighth inch spiral bit in a router or Dremel tool set a quarter inch deep using jigs to keep the kerf dead straight,  then fill the groove with black sikaFlex then varnish it.   Would look really classy but requires very high skill levels.   The "Creeping Crack Cure"  sounds much easier and therefore the better choice if your woodworking skills are not up to the other.

I really want to try the Captain Tolley's ........ just because it has such a cool name.   ((-:
Where can I find that,  Gord ?

Cheers,   Rod