[Public-List] Dripless Stuffing Box

Stephen s alberg114 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 16 09:51:40 PST 2009

John,

We installed a PSS on #114 in 1998 and it has been flawless since the install. We also had these installed on a Blackwatch when delivered in 1989 with 20 years of operations at much higher RPM than an Alberg. I guess it is up to the owner.

I know we all dread aligning the motor on an annual basis leaving the boat with sore ribs and many other sore body parts. This is one thing I do not have to deal with until replacement. On the negitive side if it fails the boat would sink, I doubt that would occur when the diesel shaft turns at less than 1400.

Stephen