[Public-List] Engine Alignment

Jim Davis a30240 at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 29 12:25:13 PST 2009

Either way works with an A30, however it probably is best to do it twice.  Once on land and then just check the alignment once the boat has been in the water a couple days.  From my own experience an A30 hull doesn't move that much after she has been launched.  Also the shaft is quite short.

In Roger's case the in the water check is a bit more important since it has been a "work in progress" for almost a decade.

Jim Davis
S/V Isa Lei
CT 35

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.

Ronald Reagan - 40th United States President (1911 - 2004)